Provincial Committee on the dispensing of health and social services in the English language
Gaétan Barrette, Minister of Health and Social Services, and Kathleen Weil, Minister responsible for Access to Information and the Reform of Democratic Institutions and Minister responsible for Relations with English-Speaking Quebecers, announced changes to the Provincial Committee on the dispensing of health and social services in the English language that will come into effect on 11 April 2018. The goal is to ensure the committee better represents Québec’s English-speaking population.
Some of the improvements are as follows
- Admissibility criteria for individuals who can be appointed as members
- The Québec Community Groups Network and the Community Health and Social Services Network to set up a selection committee tasked with recommending members the Minister should consider appointing to the Provincial Committee;
- Changes in how the committee functions and its internal procedures
The committee’s mandate includes providing strategic advice to the Government of Québec on the delivery and quality of health and social services dispensed in English. It also offers opinions on programs to access health and social services in English developed by public facilities for approval by the Government of Québec.
- Media release of Cabinet du ministre de la Santé et des Services sociaux - Une meilleure représentativité au Comité provincial pour la prestation des services de santé et des services sociaux en langue anglaise (only in french)
- More information about the Provincial Committee for the Provision of Health Services and Social Services in the English Language : www.msss.gouv.qc.ca