The first specialized COVID-19 clinic, Centre-Sud site, opens in Montréal’s former Hôtel-Dieu hospital
The clinic offers various services, including patient evaluation and testing. The clinic is accessible by appointment only.
If you think you have COVID-19 infection, call Info-Santé at 811 first. A nurse will assess your situation and recommend what to do next. If a medical consultation in a specialized COVID-19 clinic is required, the Info-Santé nurse will book an appointment for you. If your state of health indicates that you require hospitalization, the Jewish General (adults) and Sainte-Justine’s (children) are the hospitals designated to treat confirmed cases.
Specialized COVID-19 clinic
The specialized COVID-19 clinic, located in the former emergency room of the old Hôtel-Dieu hospital, is a complementary measure for cases that are not serious. The specialized clinic is designed to support hospitals, family medicine clinics and public health teams. It will curb overcrowding in emergency departments and prevent sick people from going to medical clinics.
At the specialized clinic, strict preventive measures are in place to protect staff, users and the general population. Individuals are checked upon entering the clinic and steps have been taken to safely transport users.
What you need to remember
- The clinic is accessible by appointment only. People who have returned from a trip and think they have symptoms of COVID-19 must call 811.
- Other clinics will open in other regions of Québec in the next few days, including two more in Montréal. Steps are being taken to identify two new sites, one in the east end and the other in the west end of Montréal.
- D’autres cliniques ouvriront partout au Québec dans les prochains jours, dont bientôt deux de plus à Montréal. Des démarches sont en cours dans l’est et l’ouest de l’Île pour identifier deux nouveaux lieux.
- La clinique est sur rendez-vous seulement. Les personnes qui reviennent de voyage et pensent avoir des symptômes du COVID-19 doivent communiquer avec le 811.
- Coronavirus COVID-19
- Communiqué | COVID-19 - La ministre McCann annonce l'ouverture des premières cliniques désignées (in French)
- A collaboration of CIUSSS du Centre-Sud-de-l’Île-de-Montréal and its network partners, in particular the CHUM, Direction régionale de santé publique de Montréal and Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux.
- The Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux has asked the Direction des services généraux et des partenariats urbains at CIUSSS du Centre-Sud-de-l’Île-de-Montréal to coordinate the implementation of three specialized clinics in Montréal to evaluate suspected cases.