Make the right choice!
The holiday season is a time for festivities, during which we tend eat more and sleep less. Hugs and handshakes foster virus transmission and infections. If you're sick or worried about your health or the health of a loved one, there are alternatives to emergency rooms during this time of year. Make the right choice!
- To help you make the right choice, call Info-Santé or Info-Social at 811. Nurses and social workers are there to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- See the list to find a walk-in clinic where you can see a doctor, get x-rays or have blood tests, if your case is urgent.
- Think you have the flu or gastro, or want more information about carbon monoxide? Go to the Stay Healthy this Winter Website.
Open or closed during the holidays?
To find out what resources are available in Montréal during the holidays, visit your district’s Web site:
- CIUSSS de l’Est-de-l'Île-de-Montréal
- CIUSSS du Centre-Sud-de-l'Île-de-Montréal
- CIUSSS du Centre-Ouest-de-l'Île-de-Montréal
- CIUSSS du Nord-de-l'Île-de-Montréal
- CIUSSS de l’Ouest-de-l'Île-de-Montréal
Need psychosocial support?
Are you feeling anxious or going through a difficult period? Call Info-Social at 811
Info-Social is a free, confidential psychosocial helpline. A social worker will answer your questions, give you advice and direct you to the right resource, if necessary.
If you or someone you know is in distress, call toll free: 1-866-APPELLE (277-3553)
- You’ll be connected to a resource in your region;
- Staff who answer the phones are trained and competent professionals, and are available 24/7.
- They can help.
- Urgence dépendance 514-288-1515
- Suicide Action Montréal 1-866-277-3553
- SOS violence conjugale 1-800-363-9010