If you think you’re being mistreated
If you witness an older adult being mistreated
Confidential resources can help you get information, psychological support and medical or legal assistance for the following:
- Psychological mistreatment - Gestures, words or attitudes harmful to psychological well-being or integrity
- Physical mistreatment - Inappropriate gestures or actions harmful to physical well-being or integrity, or absence of appropriate actions
- Sexual mistreatment - Non-consensual gestures, actions, words or attitudes with a sexual connotation harmful to well-being, sexual integrity, sexual orientation or gender identity
- Material or financial mistreatment - Fraudulent, illegal, unauthorized or dishonest acquisition or use of a person’s property or legal documents, or lack of information or misinformation about financial or legal matters
- Violation of rights - Any infringement of individual or social rights and freedoms
Where can I get help or ask questions?
- Elder Abuse Helpline
- Association québécoise de défense des droits des personnes retraitées ou préretraitées (in French)
- Tel-Aînés (services in French).