The flu vaccination campaign starts on November 1 and will last until the end of the flu season.
Vaccination is the best way to protect yourself from the flu and its complications.
The vaccine is also offered to the contacts of people at risk of complications.
Where to get the flu shot in Montréal?
To make an appointment and to find out where and when you can get vaccinated, click on your CIUSSS territory:
Finding your CIUSSS
Who is targeted?
The flu vaccine is especially recommended for people with chronic illnesses and older adults.
These people could be family members or coworkers.
List of priority groups for 2018–2019:
- People aged 6 months and over who have certain chronic diseases such as diabetes, immunity disorders, and heart, lung or kidney diseases
- Pregnant women with certain chronic illnesses, regardless of stage of pregnancy
- Pregnant women in good health, in their 2nd or 3rd trimester of pregnancy
- People aged 75 or over
- Close contacts of people at higher risk of developing complications
- Close contacts of children under 6 months old
- Healthcare workers, especially those in direct contact with patients in hospitals or long-term care facilities
The flu vaccine is also free for the following groups:
- People aged between 60 and 74 in good health
- Children aged between 6 and 23 months in good health