Someone has been intoxicated or poisoned?
Call without delay 1 800 463-5060
The Poison Control Centre (Centre antipoison) is an emergency telephone service available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Situations when to call Centre antipoison du Québec
- Cases of acute poisoning, actual or suspected;
- Exposure to toxic domestic or industrial products, pesticides and poisonous mushrooms, drugs or venomous animals;
- Ingestion or inhalation of a chemical;
- Exposure of the skin or eyes to a chemical product;
- Improper use of a medication;
- Work accidents involving acute exposure to a toxic product; and
- Requests for information on a toxic product;
Source : Centre antiposion du Québec
Situations when the Centre antipoison du Québec does NOT answer questions
What to do if someone is poisoned?
Stay calm. And…
If a toxic product has been swallowed (in french only)
If a toxic product has come in contact with the eyes (in french only)
If a toxic product has come in contact with the skin (in french only)
If a toxic product has been inhaled (in french only)
Call the Centre antipoison du Québec without delay: 1 800 463-5060.
Don't wait until the person is sick or in serious condition before calling.
If you or someone you know has swallowed a non-toxic object, contact Info-Santé by dialing 811.