Someone has been intoxicated or poisoned? There's not a minute to lose.
Call the Centre antipoison du Québec without delay 1-800-463-5060.
If you or someone you know has swallowed a non-toxic object, contact Info-Santé by dialing 811.
What to do if someone is poisoned?
Stay calm. And…
If a toxic product has been swallowed (in french only)
If a toxic product has come in contact with the eyes (in french only)
If a toxic product has come in contact with the skin (in french only)
If a toxic product has been inhaled (in french only)
Call the Centre antipoison du Québec without delay: 1 800 463-5060.
Don't wait until the person is sick or in serious condition before calling.
What is the Poison Control Centre?
The Poison Control Centre (Centre antipoison) is an emergency telephone service available 24/7.
The Centre answers questions relating to the following situations:
- cases of acute poisoning, actual or suspected;
- exposure to toxic domestic or industrial products, pesticides and poisonous mushrooms, drugs or venomous animals;
- ingestion or inhalation of a chemical;
- exposure of the skin or eyes to a chemical product;
- improper use of a medication;
- work accidents involving acute exposure to a toxic product; and
- requests for information on a toxic product;
Note that the Centre antipoison du Québec does NOT answer questions about:
- bites of non-venomous animals;
- poisoning of an animal;
- chronic poisoning; or
- ingestion of a non-toxic object;
Source : Centre antipoison de Québec