You have to take additional screening mammograms
Designated referral centres are hospital centres (CRID) that specialize in breast health. These centres are recognized by the Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux to carry out additional tests as part of the Program. They also provide follow up when a woman's results are abnormal.
There are 5 designated referral centres in Montréal.
Services offered in the centres
- Free additional tests, as part of the Québec Breast Cancer Screening Program: ultrasound, extra mammography images, biopsies and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Access to a medical team (doctor, nurse, radiologist, surgeon, etc.)
- Psychological support for women
- Treatment in case of breast cancer diagnosis
To make an appointment
Call one of the 5 CRIDs. Don’t forget to bring the following documents to your appointment:
- Doctor’s referral
- Most recent and all previous mammogram reports
- CD with the photos of the most recent mammogram and all previous CDs
List of Designated Reference Centres for Investigation (CRID)
Call one of the 5 CRIDs to make an appointement.
List of Sesignated Reference Centres for Investigation (CRID) (PDF) - 2017-11
CIUSSS du Centre-Ouest-de-l'Île-de-Montréal
CIUSSS de l'Est-de-l'Île-de-Montréal
CIUSSS du Nord-de-l'Île-de-Montréal
Centre hospitalier de l'Université de Montréal (CHUM)
Need more information?
Call Info-mammo hotline: 514 528-2424
- Délais d’attente pour passer une mammographie de dépistage dans le cadre du PQDCS, Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux
- Québec Breast Cancer Screening Program (PQDCS)
- Sreening mammograms: additional tests