Asylum seekers (PRAIDA)
PRAIDA offers services to asylum seekers, to people in regularization of status.
Information will be given to you about:
- Steps towards immigration
- Contact information for lawyers
- Requesting social assistance
- Obtaining a work permit
- How to register children in school
- Organizations that can hep you in your search for housing
You will meet with a social worker, who will evaluate your needs and ensure the appropriate follow-up.
You can also meet with a nurse, if necessary.
PRAIDA’s services are also available to people:
- Whose request for asylum was denied
- Services are available in French and English. Interpreters may be available to assist in other languages