You have a minor health problem?
You have questions about your medications or an over-the-counter health product? A pharmacist can help!
The pharmacist is the person to turn to if you have a minor health problem or questions about a prescription or over-the-counter medication.
There are over 400 pharmacies on the island of Montréal.
The following services are available in pharmacies
- Prescriptions for an emergency oral contraceptive ("morning after pill")
- Information on the prescription drugs (interactions, side effects, advice on how they should be taken)
- Advice about over-the-counter products, including natural health products
- Help finding a drug therapy to quit smoking
- Safe disposal of medications
Many pharmacists work with other health professionals to provide a range of services (vaccinations, lipid profiles, high blood pressure monitoring, monitoring of asthma and many other chronic diseases). All you have to do is ask!
You can help your pharmacist by providing important information
Your pharmacist needs to know certain things about you to do his or her job properly.
Don't be surprised if the pharmacist asks :
- For the names of all of the drugs you are taking (both prescription drugs and over-the-counter products)
- For the names of the natural health products, vitamins or homeopathic products you are taking
- If you are suffering from any particular health problems
- If you smoke or drink
- If you have food allergies or are allergic to certain drugs
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
Do you have questions about medications or a health issue? Ask Your Pharmacist is an online service that provides free and easy access to pharmacists’s knowledge.
We strongly recommend that you always go to the same pharmacy. That way, you know that your pharmacist has your complete dispensing record, so you won't have to repeat the information that's in your file every time you go.
Pharmacie open around-the-clock 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Pharmaprix Queen-Mary
Owner-pharmacist : Nabil Chikh
5122, Côte-des-Neiges, Montreal, H3T 1X8
Tel. : 514 737-4415
You can return your unused and expired medications to any pharmacy.
- For more information, visit the Ordre des pharmaciens du Québec Website (only in french).